Patriotic Evening Fireworks Display July 3, 2019
The City of Inverness welcomes all to the 9 p.m. fireworks display set for Wednesday, July 3, 2019. Below is a list of do’s and don’ts to make the celebration safe and enjoyable.
Do: bring a flashlight or electric lantern, folding chairs or blankets for seating, and respect private property and public spaces when finding your viewing spot.
Don't: bring alcohol, coolers, canopies, pop-up tents, personal fireworks, barbecue grills, pets and oversized vehicles. Do Not attempt to enter Wallace Books Park, Liberty Trail, and Liberty Park as they are secured construction sites.
All roads will be open for traffic with exception of Dampier Street from the Withlacoochee State Bike Trail to North Apopka Avenue. Starting at 7 p.m. this blocked off area will transform into an alternative viewing location for people to gather.
Other Alternative viewing locations open at 7 p.m.:
- City Ballfield, 401 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness
- Inverness Government Center, 212 W. Main Street, Inverness
- Pine Avenue Municipal Parking Lot, near the intersection of Pine Avenue and Dampier St. (behind Oscar Penn’s Restaurant)
- All of Downtown Inverness
- Wayside Park, 1010 Highway 44 E., Inverness
- Cooter Pond Park, 181 U.S. Highway S., Inverness (boardwalk closed)
- Dampier Street will be closed at N. Apopka Avenue to the Withlacoochee State Trail for people to gather.
Attendees are asked to respectfully keep our City beautiful and remove your trash and make an effort to not disturb shrubs, flower beds and landscaping. Stay tuned on Facebook for up-to-the minute updates on @InvernessFloridaGov. Patriotic Evening will return to a more normal situation with a Big Bang in 2020!